In this week’s episode of SMACtalk, hosts Brian Fanzo and Daniel Newman had the opportunity to speak with PegaSystems VP, Rob Walker, an experienced executive in the machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) that also happens to hold a PHD in the space.
While the show has covered the gambit of technology topics, this was one of the very first SMACtalk episodes that focused on the future of artificial intelligence, so having someone of Rob’s experience was a terrific fit and opportunity to discuss some of the key trends in the space. In particular, the focus was on AI and its impact on enterprise software tools such as ERP, CRM and Business Intelligence.
During this episode, Rob provided insights on the following questions:
- What are some of the biggest technology shifts that are impacting the future of CRM?
- AI and Automation are stirring up the Future of Work, but for CRM they are a powerful duo, can you share a little more?
- Salesforce made a big splash with Einstein, but AI inside of CRM is going to be the norm, right?
- Can you share an example of how intelligence will transform workflows inside of companies?
- What do you see as the next big changes in CRM in the next 12 months? 5 Years?
Optimism for AI: Despite fear and knowledge gap, there is still optimism towards AI – nearly 70 percent (68) say they want more AI to help make their lives easier.
*Download full report here
Some highlights include Rob demystifying where AI is in its lifecycle and just how far it has come in the past 20 years. He also provides some wonderful insights as to the difference between real artificial intelligence and predictive programming that can often be misconstrued as AI.
Throughout this episode, Rob continually answers the challenging questions that are thrown his way while providing useful insights for anyone interested in learning more about AI, even if you are a technology novice.
Tune in, check it out and enjoy the episode! Stay tuned for more episodes with Pega Systems thought leadership and SMACtalk Live from PegaWorld June 4-7, 2017.
Disclaimer: This episode was sponsored in part by Pegasystems. To learn more about Pegaystems and download the full AI report mentioned in this episode of SMACtalk visit: https://www.pega.com/AI-
Latest posts by Daniel Newman (see all)
- Zoom Earnings — Crushing It, But There Are Big Hurdles Ahead - June 17, 2019
- Slack Has a Product People Love to Use — Is It Enough? - June 17, 2019
- Microsoft Oracle Partnership — Focused on Cloud Interoperability - June 14, 2019